Chocolate Walnut Fudge
1/2 cup coconut oil, liquefied
1/4 cup almond butter or nut butter of choice
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
3/4 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
1. With electric beaters, beat together the coconut oil and almond butter.
2. Sift in the cocoa powder and beat again until combined.
3. Pour in the maple syrup, vanilla and salt and beat until smooth
4. Stir in the walnuts.
5. Line a loaf pan with a piece of parchments paper or you can use chocolate moulds. Scoop the chocolate mixture into the pan and spread out until even.
6. Freeze uncovered for about 1 hour or until solid. Slice into small squares and enjoy!
These fudge squares contain coconut oil, which is nature’s richest source of medium-chain fatty acids (unlike most oils which are made of long-chain fatty acids which are difficult for the body to break down and thus strain the digestive system and causes the body to store fat).
The medium-chain fatty acids are easily digested by your body and sent directly to your liver where they are converted to energy rather than being stored as fat – so coconut oil can actually help stimulate your body’s metabolism.